Enhances access to quality education for the deaf
Enhances access to information, services and resource available in the community
Collect, document and disseminate information related to hearing impairment.
Lobby and advocate for the rights and interest of deaf children.
Promote research related to the deafness.
Promote guidance and counseling services for deaf children and their families.
Supplement the efforts of the Kenya government to meet the needs of deaf children.
Promote the acquisition, development and use of Kenyan sign language (KSL).
Collaborate and network with all stakeholders working for the welfare of deaf children.
Generally to do anything that may be conducive towards the attainment of the foregoing objectives.
- KSDC has constructed equipped and furnished 19 out of the 43 fully fledged schools for the Deaf in the country.
- The Society has provided at least 10 other schools with infrastructure development, bursary support or other related assistance
- KSDC has sponsored many needy Deaf children through their primary, secondary and tertiary education
- The Society has carried our extensive research into causes, prevalence and prevention of deafness in Kenya and engaged in wide ranging intervention measures
- KSDC has built a strong base of 39 regional and local level cluster groups of parents through which substantial empowerment of families of the Deaf has been carried out.
- The Society is the leading supplier of hearing aids and audiological equipment in the country.
Read more »
- The date for the Awareness and fundraising event at Ziwani grounds will be on Tuesday, 20th November 2012 from 10.00Am
- Due to the ongoing teachers strike, our event at Ziwani school for the deaf has been put on hold till further notice.
- Awareness and fundraising event to be held at Ziwani school for deaf, Mombasa,on 20th September 2012 under the theme Empower the deaf child to ‘hear’ it too! The objective is to raise funds for the purchase of 500 hearing aids.
- The Society is on advanced stage to celebrate 50 years of existence and launch our Strategic Plan on 17th September 2011, which will be preceded by an evening dinner dance on 16th September 2011.
- Trees planting held in Kilifi District, Pwani Secondary school 16th June 2011,
- Agm held on 25th March 2011 at Professional centre Nairobi.
- Ball games gracing, sponsoring on 15th March 2011 in Mombasa, Stadium
- Western circuit travels on 15th February 2011headteachers conference.